IGCSE Homeschooling Courses
Everything About IGCSE Homeschooling Courses
You can start our IGCSE homeschooling courses any time of the year
The IGCSE is the world’s most popular exam qualification for 14 to 16 year olds, and the Cambridge IGCSE is recognised by universities and employers everywhere.
Cambridge IGCSE exams are held in May/June and in October/November each year. The May/June sitting is the more widely available. A March exam is also available to students in India.
Your child’s choice of IGCSE subjects can have a major bearing on their future education and career. For advice please see Choosing Your Child’s IGCSE Subjects.
Students usually take our IGCSE courses over one year (up to 4 subjects) or over two years (5 or more subjects). For more details see IGCSE Exam Information and take a look at our latest Exam Results.
The Cambridge IGCSE
In the UK, children study 8 or more IGCSE subjects over two academic years. They take a broad range including English Language and English Literature, Mathematics, one or more Sciences (single, double or triple), one or more humanities (Geography and/or History) and a language (French, Spanish and German being the most popular). Computer Science is also popular in the digital economy.
We suggest that your child starts with a minimum of four or five subjects, with English Language and Mathematics as the first choices. These four or five subjects may be taken over one year or longer as seems appropriate.
Your child’s choice of subjects should be determined by whether they are going on to A Level and from there to university. If your child plans to take any of the above subjects at A Level, then a good pass (A*, A or B) at IGCSE will be expected.
To give you an idea of how long your child will need, the approximate study time for each IGCSE subject is 150 hours (180 for English, Maths and the Sciences). To this you should add extra time for assignment preparation (8-12 assignments per subject).
- Students aiming for top universities usually take 10-12 IGCSE courses.
- Students who want to study a science subject at A Level, should study that subject as a single IGCSE course but IGCSE Co-ordinated Science (double award) may be accepted.
- Students should allow time for Tutors to mark each assignment (3-5 working days).
- Students may be interested in theCambridge ICE qualification. Click here to find out more about this.
English & Language
- IGCSE English Language (First or Second Language) – we recommend most students take the IGCSE English Language course, as this is seen as a better qualification for further studies and employers.
- IGCSE English Literature – students must take IGCSE English Language (first language) to support this course.
- Modern Foreign Language – students who wish to take French, German and Spanish courses should have studied that language for approximately 2 years prior to starting the IGCSE.
You may apply for a Homeschooling course online with GK Consultants at any time of the year. If you would like further information or advice before doing so, just submit our Contact Form. The telephone phone number is 098 585 7426 (UK) or +66 (0) 98 585 7426 internationally
Sign Up For A Free Consultation Today
Please contact us to find out more about our services.